Museum: The museum is OPEN !
No appointment needed - buying a ticket online (blue button below) is still possible.
At the conter only cash payment for your tickets.
The shop: is OPEN as well, open freely, no appointment needed.
both shop and museum are open on Monday to Saturday from 12 noon to 6 pm
No restrictions in opening hours for the shop in the week 25-29 July.
- so every day except Sunday.
Closed on King's Day (27th April), New Year's Day and Christmas Day
1017 KH Amsterdam
(route planner further down on this page)
+31 20 - 42 11 779
The museum has had no visitor income for over a year and a half. Even in the months that we were open, the visit number was at most two visitors a week. That is why the Foundation has run into serious financial problems. We are therefore forced to charge a corona surcharge on the admission price, this also applies to Museum card holders. We count on your understanding.
|Adults||€||12,50|| incl. COVID-19
|Age between 6 and 16||€||7,50||incl. COVID-19
|Children up to 6 years||free|
|Museumcard / IAmsterdam City Card
/ ICOM / Ver. Rembrandt
Museum card available at the ticket office
|Young people up to 19 years||€ 32,45|
(including € 4.95 registration fee per card)
- According to government rules, a reservation to visit a museum is no longer required. However, you must make a reservation to visit this museum. Why?
We now get about 2 to 3 visits a week. But we cannot have a volunteer hostess / guide available at all opening hours for that single visitor. That is why we can only receive visitors by appointment. A Covid-19 check is no longer neccassary.
You are most WELCOME !
- Tickets can be bought at the counter. Ticket sales are also possible online with an entry time of your choice.
In stead you can use the email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +31 - 20 - 42 11 779.
- Booking a free ticket online if you are entitled to free entrance (Museum Card / IAmsterdam Card) is not possible. Make your reservation - at this moment compulsory - by phone or email. Have your card scanned at the museum desk at arrival.
- Please note: a ticket purchased online is valid in the specified time slot. You can rebook or cancel up to 6 hours in advance, refunds of tickets that are not canceled are possible.
- It is also possible to book an exclusive visit with a reception by the collector, where you can comfortably look at the collection while enjoying coffee / tea or a drink and listen to the explanation of the collector. Tickets for this exclusive reception exclusively online.
Rules at a glance
- In order to ensure that everyone can keep a distance of five feet, no more than 3 people or families are allowed in the museum at the same time, with a maximum of 9 persons.
- Wear your face mask at all times in the museum and in the shop.
- Visit the museum alone, with a partner and / or your own children. Stay at home when you have a cold or flu symptoms.
- Follow the directions of the guide or other museum staff. In the museum, stay together as a company or family and keep 1.5 meters away from other visitors.
- The museum adheres to government guidelines for COVID-19 contamination prevention, which may change over time.
Prinsengracht 488, 1017 KH Amsterdam - the Netherlands
Not accessible for wheelchairs due to stairs.
Visitor conditions available on request at entrance desk.